What to Start and Stop Doing in Your Beauty Routine
1. Thickly lining your bottom lash line. Placing too much emphasis on your lower lash line drags your eye down, making your eyes look smaller and making you look older. Outlining your entire eye in black liner should be reserved for smoky eye looks at night.
2. Wearing your blush too low. Wearing blush below your nose visually drags your cheeks down, making you look older and your cheeks saggier. Imagine a line below the end of your nose that connects to the end of your ears and try to keep blush above it.
3. Overlining your lips to make them appear larger. This never looks natural. If you want the appearance of fuller lips, use light-reflecting glosses, nude shades, and Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker XL Extreme Plump Collagen Lip Shine if you like lip plumpers.
4. Using old school wedge sponges to apply your foundation. These soak up your foundation and hold bacteria. If you must sponge, a beautyblender is the way to go.
5. Lining only the outside of your lips with lip liner and doing so after lipstick. A fresher look: Outline your lip shape and fill the lips in entirely before applying lipstick. This way, when your lipstick wears away, you still have color underneath and not a ring around the mouth. Filling in also gives the lipstick something to which it can anchor.