Home > Knowledge > Content

Infection from makeup brush leaving young mom paralyzed

Apr 09, 2018

The Daily Mail Australia reports Jo Gilchrist started feeling pain in her back on Valentine's Day and it rapidly got worse -- "worse than childbirth," she said. She lost all feeling in her legs and lower body and had to be airlifted to a hospital in Brisbane for emergency surgery.

It turned out to be an infection caused by a drug-resistant strain of staph called MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) that she apparently contracted when she used a friend's makeup brush to hide a pimple.