Here are the different types of makeup brushes available for your eyes and lips.
1.Eye Shadow Brush: This is a must-have brush for your makeup bag. It can be used to evenly apply powder and cream shadows on the eyes. It can also be used to dab on shadow under the lower lash line for a smokey eye.
There are different kinds of brushes in the market with large, flat, short and brimming bristles for excellent coverage. The soft bristles have a beveled edge for a smooth application without ‘dragging’ the eyelid. A stiff brush takes in a lot of color and is able to apply this color on the lid of eyes in such a way that the shadow stays longer.
2.Blending Brush: Use this fluffy bristle brush to blend eye shadows on to the lid professionally and to highlight the brow bone. It also helps more than one color to fade into one another. This is an essential brush for any girl who wears even a little of eye shadow. It’s the magic wand brush which can also be used to blend highlighter on your cheekbones, brow bones, and Cupid’s bow.
3. Smudger Brush: This brush is perfect to soften eyeliner for a smokey, sultry look. It gives a natural smudge effect for your shadows under the lower rim or eyeliners.
They sometimes come doubled-ended with an eye pencil. The foam tip is used to soften the harsh line of the pencil giving a smoldering finish.
You can also use this for smudging lip liners for a natural edged look, especially when you are using bold and bright colors for a lipstick.
4. Lip Brush: One should always apply lipsticks with a lip brush like any makeup artist does every day. It gives a longer lasting smooth and even application of the color on the lips.
The sculpted tip of a lip brush is perfect for achieving a flawless line. The short and firm bristles are for controlled application while the long bristles are for fluid application.
Dab the bristles onto the lipstick or lip gloss, ensuring there is a moderate amount of product and line the lips with the brush. Then take more product and fill in the rest of the lips; blot with a tissue and repeat for an intense pout.
5. Lash/Brow Comb Brush: It is great to comb and de-clump the lashes and brows to get a precise and flawless look.
6. Eyeliner Brush: There are two types of eyeliner brushes: Fine point and Flat brushes are available in the market to be used with liquid and gel products to get that perfect thin as well as the thick lines.
7. Mascara Brush: It is used to apply mascara to get the perfect curled up eyelashes.